Friday, March 30, 2007

Algorhyme

I think that I shall never see
A graph more lovely than a tree.
A tree whose crucial property
Is loop-free connectivity.
A tree which must be sure to span
So packets can reach every LAN.
First the Root must be selected
By ID it is elected.
Least cost paths from Root are traced
In the tree these paths are placed.
A mesh is made by folks like me
Then bridges find a spanning tree.


By Radia Perlman (some people call her "Mother of Internet")

On my previous blog entry, I've put algorhyme before. But this is complete with her picture and also MP3 if you would like to her sing this poem. If you like to hear her voice, please go to http://podcasts.networkworld.com/misc/050506perlman.mp3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's not Radia's voice, it's her daughter Dawn's. Radia's playing the piano.