Tuesday, April 3, 2007

90% e-mail in Internet are spam!


According to Spamhaus, about 90% e-mail traffic in Internet are Spam. Using the right filter will decrease a lot of spam e-mail. One of the filtering is Policy Block List, that I believe many ISP in Indonesia doesn't implement it. Currently I'm using ADSL Speedy, my IP address is 125.161.193.140 but not listed in PBL.


125.161.193.140 is not listed in the SBL

125.161.193.140 is not listed in the PBL

125.161.193.140 is not listed in the XBL

Why my IP address should be listed there ? It have to be listed as I'm using ADSL that give dynamic IP address, this kind of service normally used by spammer to do their action. If the e-mail originate from MTA using the range IP address of ADSL and listed on the PBL, this e-mail will be rejected by the recipient MTA.

http://www.spamhaus.org/effective_filtering.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the top Script Deployment program for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central remote pc control
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!