Tuesday, April 17, 2007

ICT Expo in Hong Kong

ICT Expo is hosted by Hong Kong Trade Development Council started 14 to 17 April 2007.
I stayed at Park Lane Hotel, about 1 KM walk to Hong Kong Expo. It's fourth time come to Hong Kong. There is shuttle bus every 15 minutes from Hotel to Hong Kong Expo. I thought in ICT expo I will find many big vendors there, about 1/3 vendors are selling USB OEM (USB camera/flash/etc). I found few interested product such as :
- WDM/100FX to Ethernet interface at cost below $20
- OEM SFP/GBIC also below $20
- Load balancer cost below $400
- Small CPE/Voice box also with a good price

I don't recommend this venue for people looking for core network equipment. But it will be suitable if you are reseller for OEM product from China. Other equipment that interesting but not related with network equipment are :
- Photo frame with LCD inside with multiple images
- DVB-T TV
- Paperless Fax
- Fix Phone for GSM

No comments: